Mekanic is growing, and we are seeking a Junior Designer to join our agency. This is an awesome position for a recent graduate in the early stages of his/her career looking to launch into the Washington, D.C. area design world. Our team at Mekanic is geeked out by branding and design, close-knit, always strives for excellence and is driven by meaningful work.
We help a wide spectrum of small to mid-size businesses and organizations, from start-up tech companies to nonprofits, and as a Junior Designer you will play an integral role in our work from day one. You can expect to provide direct client team support, conduct design research, develop and refine design concepts, ideate with all Mekanic team members and receive mentorship from senior creative leaders.
What we are looking for in a Junior Designer:
- Previous coursework in graphic design and a strong portfolio
- Proficient with Adobe CC: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Deep understanding of typography and layout
- Understanding, interest and some experience in UI, UX and digital design
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding for print production process
- A keen interest in design, branding and empowering small businesses
- A willingness to work hard, receive creative direction and constantly improve your craft
- Love for all things design